The following are among the papers endorsed by the SRRG, indicating nationally agreed approaches:
- The National Principles for Disaster Recovery (which feature in the Community Recovery Handbook)
- Community Recovery Workforce Framework [PDF 236KB] and associated:
- Social Recovery Professional Development Mentoring Program
- Recovery Snapshot brochure [PDF 1.15MB]
- Guidelines for Interstate Assistance (Community Recovery) for deployments (available to members only)
Part two (encompasses two documents):
- Report: Considerations for governments supporting community-led recovery [PDF 1.6MB]
- Report: Considerations for governments supporting community-led recovery [DOC 3.9MB]
Social Recovery Professional Development Mentoring Program
The Social Recovery Professional Development Mentoring Program supports eligible practitioners in the human and social community recovery sectors to develop knowledge, skills and experience through mentoring.
The program aims to:
- contribute to the development of a robust, skilled recovery workforce to support communities
- increase knowledge sharing across Australia and New Zealand, to foster innovation and the pursuit of best practice.
At present, the program invites applications for mentor and mentoree positions to all Social Recovery Reference Group (SRRG) member agencies in Australia and New Zealand. All levels of mentoree experience will be accommodated. The SRRG is exploring possibilities to expand the program to involve community groups and non-government organisations in future.
Openings to take part in the program are ongoing.
For more information contact Louise Mitchell, National Consultant to the Social Recovery Reference Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org.