The Planning for Animals in Disaster Handbook is currently under development.
The purpose of the Planning for Animals in Disaster Handbook is to:
- be an authoritative and trusted source of knowledge for planning for animals in disaster in Australia
- provide nationally agreed principles
- identify and promote the adoption of good practice
- build interoperability between jurisdictions, agencies, businesses, and community leaders by outlining common language and coordinated, nationally agreed principles
- align national disaster risk reduction and resilience strategy and policy by informing and assisting jurisdictions, agencies and other organisations and individuals in the implementation and adoption of these arrangements.