Register for the 2018 Volunteer Leadership Program
The Volunteer Leadership Program (VLP) is a dynamic, immersive residential two-day (two night) program for emergency sector volunteers with aspiration and aptitude to support their organisation’s leadership. It is a personally challenging and richly rewarding experience aimed at providing you with the foundations for capability and confidence for leadership. In taking part, you will be part of a collaborative learning experience, participating alongside volunteer leaders from other emergency management focused agencies, and generating knowledge and sharing experience.
The VLP introduces practical leadership frameworks through the use of interactive activities led by engaging and experienced facilitators. The program covers skills for you to improve awareness of your team, yourself and others including:
- leadership and management strategies in your volunteer agency context
- contemporary issues facing the emergency management sector
- leading change in your organisation
- building and maintaining motivation of volunteers
- identifying (and working with) different personality types
- resolving conflict, addressing performance issues and giving critical feedback
- identifying stress and self-care strategies
- Each program allows for additional topics to be incorporated based on the unique interests and needs of each group.
APRIL Perth, WA
MAY Alice Springs, NT
JUNE Mackay, QLD
JULY Bairnsdale, VIC
AUGUST Burnie, TAS
OCTOBER Port Augusta, SA
NOVEMBER Albury, NSW
DECEMBER Dubbo, NSW
The course costs are metby AIDR and include:
- Twin-share accommodation for out of town guests at the venue (Friday and Saturday night).
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, and all meals and snacks during the day.
- Car parking as required/available.
RSVPVisit www.aidr.org.au/events for more information and to register.
Proudly run with the support of the Australian Emergency Management Volunteer Forum (AEMVF)