The purpose of the Incident Management Handbook is to:
- be an authoritative and trusted source of knowledge of incident management in Australia
- provide clarity on the nationally agreed principles of incident management in Australia
- identify and promote the adoption of good practice of incident management
- build interoperability between jurisdictions, agencies, businesses and community leaders by outlining common language and coordinated, nationally agreed principles
- align national disaster resilience strategy and policy of incident management by informing and assisting jurisdictions, agencies and other organisations in the implementation and adoption of these arrangements.