Australian Disaster Resilience Conference
THE RISE OF RESILIENCE: FROM THE INDIVIDUAL TO THE GLOBAL ENHANCING COMMUNITY RECOVERY BY SUPPORTING COMMUNITY RESILIENCE
Resilience is about how we can understand, live with, manage and adapt to a world of increasing change, uncertainty and surprise.
Risks and hazards are a part of our world but building disaster resilience in the face of these events requires a shared responsibility among individuals, communities and nations, and enables them to quickly and effectively recover with coordinated support.
The Australian Disaster Resilience Conference (ADRC) will explore the importance of individual and community effort at the grassroots level of disaster resilience, through to the enabling conditions of governance, investment and strong public policy that are required
to support and foster disaster resilience, and effective recovery for those affected by disaster.
ADRC will provide a premier opportunity to achieve effective and meaningful partnerships and further strengthen cooperation by engaging with disaster resilience thinking and practice across multiple activities and scales.
Abstracts submitted for this conference may consider:
- Activities and case studies on disaster resilience
- Disaster risk reduction strategies
- Measuring and assessing disaster resilience
- Enhancing recovery through greater community
- Disaster resilience strategy and policy
- New directions in resilience thinking
- The economics of disaster resilience
- Building resilience for catastrophic disasters of the
The ADRC will run as a single stream conference concurrently with AFAC18 powered by INTERSCHUTZ.
For more information on the abstract submission process, visit www.aidr.org.au.